Friday, June 22, 2012

Mathematics!


Pretty much. My room has APPARENTLY become a breeding ground for mosquitos, so if the buzzing doesn't keep me awake, the bites do. O.o


So, I'm a day late with this. sorry sorry!




Anyway, my next step was to figure out how to make my Big Sister outfit proportionately accurate to the big sister in the game. One major issue I've noticed in just about every Big Sister costume I've looked at has been the size of her helmet. Just about every Big Sister I've seen has had a helmet that's too big:



Even the guys over at Lab 604 seemed to fall to this slip-up:




My friend actually pointed out that the in-game version of the big sister's helmet doesn't even look like it would accomodate a human head.


Hm....


That observation had me somewhat worried that I wouldn't be able to make this costume without also making an awkwardly large helmet, so I began obsessively measuring photos of the Big Sister and comparing them to measurements on my body.


I printed out this photo:



and measured her head and the distance from her foot to her knee. then I measured my knee to foot length and did some cross multiplication and found that my helmet should have a Diameter of around 11 inches.

I did this with two other photos and found that I needed a helmet that was approximately  12 inches across and 37 inches around. I then measured my head and found that it should just barely fot in a helmet that size. sweet! as a bonus, it looks as though a helmet that size shouldn't be too difficult to move with my head, making it more comfortable and believable.

so I went ahead with this measurement and figured I would base all other proportions on this helmet size, and I should be golden.

I found a $2 bouncey ball at walmart that measured 27.25" around and started putting paper mache on it. next update will be some shots of the work that's been done. Thanks for reading all the pre-make crap! I'm gonna take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment